Sleeps: 15 | Price: Weekly from 35300€ to 49080€
The Chateau du Taureau sleeps 15 guests in 9 double/twin bedrooms , all with en-suite bathrooms. The entire estate has been lovingly restored to its former glory and is furnished with both European and Oriental antique furnishings. Guests at this historic 18th century chateau will be pleased to know that the cooking, heating and telecommunications facilities are all 21st century.
The wonderful, fully enclosed landscape embraces 17 hectares of mature parkland, elegant formal gardens, orchards, streams and an exciting range of sporting facilities including squash, tennis & basketball, a large heated swimming pool and a fully equipped gym. The Château du Taureau itself sits at the end of a long avenue of ancient plane trees complete with an ornamental fountain.
Chateau - With all 850 square metres of the Château having been restored to their former 18th Century glory the owners then furnished it with beautiful European and Oriental antique furniture and art. However, the Château's cooking, heating, cooling, telecommunication, electrical and plumbing systems are definitely 21st century!
With three large reception rooms, a library, a large 18 person dining room and a large informal dining kitchen the chateau is certainly spacious. The Château's rustic internal courtyard is perfect for al fresco meals and the scents and sounds of the fountains, aviaries and jasmine covered walls set a wonderful scene.
The Château has a fully equipped home-cinema which includes a 55" LED screen, surround sound, DVD, Satellite TV and music system.
There are 3 large master bedroom suites (one king and two queen sized beds) – one suite on the ground floor and two on the first floor – all en-suite with a separate shower. Six further bedrooms (one king, two queen and two double sized beds and one with twin beds) are on the second floor. Each has its own en-suite bathroom (with showers over the bath) tiled with lovely Provençal tiles.
The more sporty guests can use the gym, play squash, tennis or water polo at any time of day or night. And the tennis and basketball courts are also floodlit! The less sporting can take an enjoyable walk in the extensive grounds or settle for a genteel game of croquet, badminton or volleyball on the especially dedicated lawns.
And of course the marvellous "mirror" swimming pool (25mx10mx4.5m), with its Olympic 1m spring board, water-polo facilities and its adjoining children's pool (3mx3mx0.6m), is a wonderful place to lounge. This area also provides an outdoor shower and a spacious, open dining Pavillion and attached sitting room and kitchen/barbecue). There are separate changing rooms, with shower and WC facility next to the pool area, so you need never leave!
- 9 Bedroom En-Suites ( 7 King size bed / 4 Single Bed )
- 1 guest suite on ground floor ( King Size Bed / Shower – Bathtub )
- 2 guest suites on first floor ( King Size Bed / Shower – Bathtub + 1 Terrace )
- 6 en suite guest bedrooms on 2nd floor ( 3 King Size / 1 single size bed / 1 with two Single beds / Bathtub )
- Grand Salon
- Peacock Salon
- Oval Salon
- Dinning Room
- Formal Dining Room
- Internal courtyard with fountains and outdoor dining
- Wifi (available everywhere in the chateau + Courtyard + Pool)
- Satellite TV / LED
- Infinity Pool 25mX10 - 5 Meters Deep
- Pool Pavilion with open dining area & kitchen & cloakroom
- Sports Area: Tennis court ( lighten )/ Basket Ball court ( lighten ) / Volley Ball court / Gym Area
- Billard Room
- Organic kitchen garden combined with orchard for guest’s benefit
- Childfriendly ( equipment : high chair / bed / cots / cook equipment )
- Private XVII Chapel